Wood Screws 3 x 8 (box 100)
Wood Screws 3 X8 Box 100 from Beacon are general Purpose Pozi Screws with Countersunk heads are zinc plated for increased durability.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
These Forgefix General Purpose Pozi Screws with Countersunk heads are zinc plated for increased durability.
They are an extremely popular general purpose screw, and suitable for use in and with many materials.
- Ideal for use in many ironmongery, electrical and plumbing applications.
- Can be used with various screw cover caps.
- Zinc coatings prevent oxidation of the protected metal to create a longer lasting finish. It does this by forming a barrier and by acting as a sacrificial anode if this barrier is damaged.
- Zinc oxide is a fine white dust that (in contrast to iron oxide) does not trigger a breakdown of the substrate’s surface integrity as it is formed. The zinc oxide, if left intact, can act as a barrier to further oxidation, in a way similar to the protection afforded to aluminium and stainless steels by their oxide layers.
- The Pozidriv screw is similar in appearance to the classic Phillips cross-head, but in fact is very different. The Pozidriv has four additional points of contact, and does not have the rounded corners that the Phillips screw drive has.
- The biggest advantage it offers is that, when used with the correct tooling in good condition, it does not cam out, allowing great torque to be applied.
- The Pozidriv screw can easily be distinguished by a line embossed in the screw head at 45° to the slots for the driver.
- The countersunk head is designed to sink flush with substrates to leave a smooth surface finish.
- They have twin threads, which enable an easy start when driving.